October 28, 2008

Born To Do It



There were the first signs of snow today floating around the air. Nothing that would stick to the ground, but enough to put the fear of god in me as far as how much longer I can keep doing this without having to buy all sorts of special gear. Though once I get out there, it's fine. I packed mittens this time (shout-outs-to-girlfriend's-Oma) but only wore them for a bit. What's good about it is that you have to get a good run going fairly quickly to not feel too cold. And then it just feels great.

Anyways, I did 5.7 kilometers tonight, in 33 minutes, which is basically my time from yesterday.

So the new maxim for this blog follows: small increments will reap great rewards.

I didn't see many fellow runners out this evening, which was interesting. I think it had to do with the aforementioned winter-fear. Last night when I was out around the same time (about 7:30) I must have run past at least eight, probably more, runners. I actually love every time I encounter another one - it always gives the isolated activity (which is a primary aspect of why I enjoy it) a sense of community, but more importantly, it makes you want to focus on your running form and really put it on for a few minutes. And once you get started into a run like that, its actually uncomfortable to slow down your heart rate too quickly.

This effect is especially true if the runners you cross paths with are really athletic and beautiful. It's part "I could look like that" part "jesus I better look good for a second here".

Albums bumped while running: Capsa and Rusko's Fabric Live 37.

Stay true.

No comments: