October 17, 2008

"New opportunities, what can I say..."



Just got back from my run a few minutes ago. At first I thought it was going to be too easy, but then my route back home was a tour de force of steep hills.

I was actually only running for about 20 minutes this time, but I feel like that is still progress, since I did approximately the same amount (time adjustments for sharp incline difficulty) in less time, and moreover, with less exertion and more endurance. I mean, I felt good at the end still, despite my exhaustion, not like I had pushed myself to my absolute limits. Which is probably a healthier attitude than expecting to give more than I really can every time.

It's strange. Having grown up a chubby-to-fat kid (depending on the year), I built up an armor of cynicism towards these kind of activities that is still just starting to break down. I'm still surprised every time that I enjoy getting out. I often feel like I must look ridiculous, like I'm jogging like a senior citizen taking those baby-ankle-pop-steps, but then I catch my reflection and realize that I really am running like any normal person.

I'm hoping to be able to run 5 or 6 kilometers by the end of next week. That's probably an absurd goal, so I wont oversell it.

Albums bumped while running: Dizzee Rascal's Boy In Da Corner.

Stay True.

No comments: