October 17, 2008

"Time to make my pay..."

"...but put some away for an off-beat day."
- Dizzee Rascal

Yesterday a sudden case of remarking all the assignments for the class I am a Teacher's Assistant for results in me not getting any running done. Spent the day adjusting my rubrics until it was time to catch my Greyhound down to Toronto to visit my girlfriend. By the time we had eaten and gotten back from Downtown, it was already 11:00 at night.

Also everyone has been telling me that I shouldn't run more than five times a week. My thighs felt like rocks made of pain yesterday - I actually wanted to be running around, or just moving quickly, as when I walked slowly (read: down stairs) it was sometimes excruciating.

Anyways, I'm about to make up for it (or not be having a resting day, depending) by going out for my first run in Canada's biggest city. Using the pedometer again, I've mapped out a route of 3.263 kms. Probably a bit less than my last run, but this is a hill-infested area, so I imagine it may be more difficult anyways. Plus it was just sort of hard figuring out a route that made sense/I could remember.

A report to follow when I return.

I was very good yesterday. I ate papaya salad and fresh rolls for lunch, sushi for dinner, Thai-style pineapple shake for dessert.

Alternatively, I was very bad yesterday about spending too much money at asian restaurants.

Stay True.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i also had sushi for dinner last night and ended up gaining a pound and a half.
my body hates me.