October 22, 2008

Day of Rest

More like day of stress. Having been at school from essentially the time I woke up to nighttime as it is now, I haven't found the time to get out for a run today. As usual, there's the constant threat of being crushed beneath the stacks of reading that need to get done this week. There's also another wave of marking coming my way, which I'm sure will motivate me to run, as I will want to do anything but read undergrad assignments. I'm also just generally feeling discouraged schoolwise, as the ratio of negative-to-positive feedback has felt like the absolute inverse of my previous education. But at least I'm starting to see this whole running thing as a break from that anxiety, as opposed to a whole other layer of it.

Anyways, I hadn't planned on getting out today in the first place. After yesterday's 5k achievement, I noticed that the toe that was bothering me the other day was really hurting me. Like, almost causing me to limp when I took a stroll to the LCBO. My left knee too felt pretty stiff, and today has felt even tighter, so I figured I may be pushing myself too quick. Back at it tomorrow though, taking it slow to start maybe.

At least I got my usual daily hour or so of walking in though.

Stay true.

No comments: